We believe that the introduction to, and growing familiarity with, the expression of dance, theatre and music available is essential for the development of young artists — whether they ultimately seek a career in the performing arts or not.
Step It Up Productions, Inc./Step It Up Performing Arts is non-discriminatory. Form 990 is available by request.
The specific purpose of this organization is to provide a venue in which at-risk low- to moderate-income children and youth between the ages of 2 to 17 years of age can participate in dance workshops, instruction for dance recitals, and field trips that relate to dance and the arts. We believe that the introduction to, and growing familiarity with, the expression of dance, theatre and music available is essential for the development of young artists — whether they ultimately seek a career in the performing arts or not. Such experiences enrich their experience of the arts, offer them an opportunity to broaden their view of the world that they would not otherwise have, and helps them aim higher in their own performances in dance and musical theatre. Additionally, participation in the arts will help to improve the academic abilities of our participants. Finally, we will provide professional development (continuing education) workshops for dance teachers/masters, in order to ensure participants receive the best training available.
Step It Up continues to grow as a registered 501© (3) non-profit production company, Step It Up Performing Arts has two main arms. Dance & Theatre
Step It Up Performing Arts – Dance
- A Familiar Suite – Step It Up’s signature holiday show, to be held in December at Cornwall Central High School. Now in its twelfth year, A Familiar Suite continues to be the most diverse holiday dance performance in Orange County. No other Hudson Valley production seamlessly weaves stunning company ballets from Tchaikovsky’s traditional Nutcracker, with tap, jazz, hip hop and modern dance set to more contemporary holiday classics. The talent, choreography and costumes continue to combine to present a visual feast for our audiences.
- The PULSE
- International Dance Festivals
- National & Regional Dance Festivals
Step It Up Performing Arts – Theatre
- Summer Stage– House lights down! Cue the Orchestra!!! Two shows held in the summer months.
- One for a younger audience and working with students from 8-18. In July of 2016 we produced “School of Rock, The Musical”. In 2017 we produced “The Addams Family.”
- The second for our older thespians (high school & college). This year’s presentation was “Into the Woods” for 2016 it was “The Drowsy Chaperone”
- For more information about Step It Up’s fall program, please write Karen Eremin at KUE at StepItUpPerformingArts.org