A Familiar Suite– Auditions for ages 8-18 were held at the studio Sunday, September 24th for Step It Up’s signature Holiday Show, to be held on Saturday December 9th at Cornwall Central High School.
There is no required fundraising for dancers participating in A Familiar Suite. Instead, each auditioning dancer must remit a production fee as detailed below.
The reason for this policy is two-fold:
- Many families find the process of fundraising to be a burdensome imposition
- The production fee guarantees that each company member will carry his or her fair share of the production expenses necessary to mount a show this size. In pre-production these expenses entail: choreographer salaries, rehearsal space; costume cleaning, maintenance , replacement and rental; maintenance and replacement of properties and studio owned set pieces. For the actual show, these costs include: building use, backdrop rentals, catering for entire cast and crew, hair stylists, copy services, transportation rental and shipping costs, paid performers, sound and lighting operator salaries, security and custodial services required by the school district.
- ALL PRODUCTION FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO: STEP IT UP ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 24TH AUDITIONS:
- $100.00 per dancer
- $180.00 w/ sibling
- $260.00 family cap
Optional Add- ons (if ordered in September):
- $20.00- Suite T-Shirt($25.00 VALUE)
- $25.00- Program Booster($35.00 VALUE)
- Yankee Candle Fundraiser and Program Business Ad Fundraiser will be held as an OPTIONAL way for individual families to supplement the expense of their own fee. Since this production fee must be paid to Step It Up prior to auditions, any funds raised through candle sales and business program ads that would have gone to Step It Up, will be refunded to participating families at the end of the candle sale, thereby replenishing the personal contribution they have already paid. Yankee Candle forms are due October 9th.
Questions about fundraising should be directed to Theresa Iaquinta at fundraiser at stepitupproductions.org.